Having a pea gravel patio ideas would add an elegant hardscape in your backyard garden. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to build one because these ideas are easy and inexpensive.
People love to have a pea gravel patio in their garden because it requires little maintenance, drains quickly and offers attractive anchors for your decor. It’s pretty amazing stuff for your outdoor space.
The pea-sized pebbles give you a stylish and versatile design that featured many stunning colors to choose for pleasing your eye. Here are 7 ideas of pea gravel patio for your backyard.
1. Checkered Board Gravel Design
From combining pea gravel with larger pavers, you will get a checkerboard effect on the flooring. These natural patterns would be a nice addition to make your patio become more interesting than before.
You can achieve this look by treating the pea gravel like grout with the same distance with the pavers.
– The checkered effect matches with the rustic coffee table.
– The pea gravel can be messy all over the floor.
2. Pea Gravel Patio Fire Pit
This fire pit terrace is a great idea to apply your pea gravel concept. You would have a large elegant backyard with a fire pit in the middle. You can spend time together with your family and friends enjoying the warmth from the fire pit in the evening.
The rustic look of the Adirondack chairs describes what this space is really all about. The earthy color of this outdoor area creates separation from another area. From this point of view, the garden and the house make an outstanding background.
– A rustic pea gravel patio with fire pit in the garden is perfect
– The gray-colored space creates a contrasting scene for the green garden.
– Obviously, this space can’t be enjoyed during the hot summer day.
3. Romantic Contemporary Patio with Pea Gravel
You can turn your backyard to look like a Venice canal like this one. This mid-sized patio has a contemporary design that has a romantic ambiance. The pea gravel ground makes a perfect base for space.
The lighted accessories create a warm atmosphere in this outdoor space. You can have a friend or more intimate time with your family and friends here.
– Little candles on the table look romantic
– Some potted plants complete the element
– It’s a semi-outdoor space
4. Pea Gravel Farmhouse Patio
Creating a pea gravel patio with a farmhouse style is easy. Pick the neutral-colored pea gravel to give a rustic look. Then, you can plant some greenery as the landscaping of the space. The ornamental plants like grasses and vines would be a good choice.
Traditional outdoor furniture with some modern pieces of equipment would be enough entertainment you can enjoy in this farmhouse patio with a pea gravel hardscape.
– A farmhouse style needs pea gravel with neutral colors like the white one.
– It’s got a fire pit
– The modern element doesn’t match with traditional furniture.
5. Asian Style Pea Gravel Patio
Consider having a patio with an Asian style. You can create the pea gravel decor part of the space as the garden and the other as the main space. All the pea gravel area is planted with a tropical plant like succulent and other kinds of green plants.
The wooden wall and cabinet on the background are designed with Asian taste. It makes a nice background for this patio area. The gray-colored pea gravel should be chosen instead of white to blend with the concrete flooring.
– It has a special space for pea gravel
– Pea gravel area is the pure decoration in this space
– Only some parts of the flooring using the pea gravel.
6. Relaxing Pea Gravel with Waterside
As you can see, this patio area has a waterside feature that adds character into the outdoor space. It’s a traditional option you can have for your house. This concept seems to be perfect working with sand like a beach. But, using pea gravel would make it unique and unordinary.
– The gravel creates an inviting and relaxing atmosphere
– It’s going to be more than just a shoreline.
– It looks like a dirty beach
7. Pea Gravel Patio with Bricks
Pea gravel can make a great partner with a brick. Using bricks to be added in the middle of the pea gravel area in the backyard would complement the existence of the gravel patio. It would be perfect if there’s a water feature or a fire pit nearby.
– Bricks can accentuate the beauty
– Bricks are used to separate the color of the gravel
– Almost the whole space is filled with pea gravel which is not balanced with the bricks.
Neutral-colored pea gravel seems to be the most recommended choice in these pea gravel patio ideas. Choose one that deserves to be in your backyard.