As a place where you can relax while enjoying the scenery of your backyard landscaping, your patio needs to be safe and epic.
The best way to achieve this goal is by implementing one of these 5 great ideas for patio roof designs.
Pergola is such a versatile patio cover. You can do many things with it, from leave it plain without any adornments to wrap it with climbing plants. It will never fail to provide a classic look to your backyard.
This pergola adds a romantic ambiance to the patio, thanks to the sheer curtains and the LED string lights. The dim light produced by the LED string lights perfects the romantic moments that are created here.
If you want to infuse a romantic ambiance to your patio by adding a pergola as the cover, you are going to need to spend ─ at least ─ $1,200. Actually, the price of a pergola is varied depending on the size and what the pergola is made of.
- Pergola is usually easy to install.
- It comes in various sizes and designs.
- It is a perfect choice if you want to bring romantic elements to your backyard.
- This pergola cannot protect you from the glare of the sun, nor the splash of the rain.
2. Retractable Awning
This patio is a perfect place to enjoy outdoor entertainment. Comfortable sofas are available for you to lounge on. To keep the fun there, a retractable awning is used to cover the patio.
The price of a retractable awning is varied. A manual, drop-arm retractable awning costs approximately from $750 to $2,500. The cost of a manual, lateral-arm one ranges from $1,500 to $6,000.
If you want to install the motorized version that can be controlled by a remote, you are going to add another $800 or $1,000.
Another high technology option a unit that can retract on its own. It uses a motion sensor. Whenever the wind reaches 30 mph or above, the patio cover retracts. And this unit will set you back around $2,500 or $7,000.
- You can adjust the roof as you please.
- They are more durable than the other patio roofs.
- They provide the ultimate comfort and relentless outdoor entertainment.
- Retractable awnings are expensive.
- They cannot be cleaned easily.
3. Patio Umbrella
Using a large umbrella to provide some shade in your patio can be your safe bet if you are not really into doing a project. You just need to put the umbrella up, and you are ready to enjoy your meal outdoor or simply sit back and relax while having a conversation.
The price of these umbrellas is varied depending on the size. You can even have a customize umbrella which has an extra-large size for about $8,999. This super large umbrella is usually used for a commercial purpose just like in an outdoor restaurant.
- Umbrellas are adjustable. You can put them up when the sun is too glaring or it begins to rain, and fold them back.
- They are easy to install.
- Some of them are not durable.
4. Polycarbonate Patio Roof
This minimalist patio is a great place to spend your afternoon or evening. An electric fireplace is installed to warm your body when the cool breeze is coming.
It also adds visual warmth to the patio. The woven rattan armchairs and ottoman perfect add the touch of a traditional look.
To complement the good vibes of this patio, polycarbonate is chosen to be the roof as it offers you great protection against the rain and snow and alleviates the glare of the sun without blocking the natural light.
If you want to get an unrelenting outdoor entertainment despite the weather, polycarbonate will be your safe bet. Besides, it is also relatively cheaper. A 2.4-meter polycarbonate costs about $38.00.
You can also opt for insulated roofing that can block UV rays virtually for approximately $68.00 for a 3.0-meter length.
- Polycarbonate roofing is lightweight which makes it easy to transport and install.
- It is UV resistant.
- It is resistant to extreme temperatures.
- It is not scratch resistant and can dent if extra care is not taken.
5. Thatch Roof
Have you ever thought about adding the touch of a traditional look to your patio? You can achieve this goal by investing in a thatch roof.
Thatch roof will offer you partial protection against the glare of the sun, not to mention the Hawaiian charm that will you get in your patio.
Thatch roof sets you back from $3 to $10/piece. And you are going to need more than 5 pieces to cover your patio perfectly.
- Thatch roof offers you the charm of the traditional look.
- It features excellent insulating properties.
- Birds can destroy the thatch roof.
- If it is not laid properly, it will not be watertight.
Those are 5 great ideas for patio roof designs that can make your patio a better place to hang out. So, which one suits your style and budget well?