There is no shortage of options in choosing simple main door designs for home. When the main door is frequently becoming the focal point of home exterior, there’s no doubt that you’ll need to make the most of it.
An ordinary home may become “the home with the charming red door” with just a simple coat of new paint or finish, while a superb piece of architecture can count on a unique door style to bind its exterior design altogether.
Simple Main Door Designs for Home
Looking for some ideas to replace your current main door? You’ll find this following collection of a few fabulous main door designs inspiring!
1. Classic Red and White Main Door
Offering a smart formal look, this red and white main door can be a perfect inspiration for your upcoming project.
This main door comes in a style that fits the rest of the house. The white wooden frames of the door make an ideal balance to the color of the home’s window frames.
- The large glass insert introduces a more generous view of the outdoors from your home interior.
- The exceptional golden door handle may make your visitors don’t know where to grab when opening the door.
The average install costs for this kind of door design is $5,000.
2. Contemporary Pivot Door with Simple Design
Most simple main door designs for a home are hung on a door frame with conventional hinges, but doors which are fixed on pivots are now getting more popular.
This teak wood door is fixed with pivots at the bottom and top of the door, creating a simple yet stylish exterior element. This door design is particularly perfect for a contemporary setting but you could actually adapt it to any home.
- Not only are beautiful, but teak wood doors also tend to have good resistance to moisture and water.
- Pivot doors are typically not sealing as fully as traditional doors or sliding doors.
The price of a pivot door ranges anywhere from $3,000 to $20,000.
3. Elegant Main Door with Colonial Style
Main fiberglass doors with colonial style are formal, yet practical and, where achievable, they are also symmetrical. This white front door makes an ideal example of an elegant colonial style door.
Featuring high windows, the door lets more natural light going through the entrance hallway without allowing strangers being able to observe the home interior.
- The white color scheme makes a lovely complement to the beige exterior walls.
- Fiberglass door is typically pricey compared to metal, standard wood, and vinyl doors.
A fiberglass door will typically range from $2,000 to $2,500 and this price may not include the installation cost.
4. Special Entry Door That Fits Your Garden
Some homeowners want their entry to blend into the rest of the home exterior while others like the main door which ‘pops’ with color. A colorful door like this one can be ideal for reflecting your taste and personality.
The lime green color used on this door fits the greenery in the garden while bringing some interest to your home exterior.
- The door’s bright color reflects your family’s lively personality.
- The door’s design and color may work best in fairly neutral exteriors only.
The cost may range anywhere from $300 to $1,200.
5. Interesting Steel Door with Modern Touch
Glass and steel doors like this one can nicely complement the architecture of most mid-century modern and contemporary houses.
Their clean aesthetic pairs flawlessly with the clean, cool lines of these architectural styles.
- The glass inserts offer more natural light to come into the home interior.
- Steel doors are typically heavy in weight and installing them isn’t easy unless you hire a professional.
The project can cost between $500 and $1,250.
6. Georgian Front Door with Simple yet Elegant Look
If you want simple main door designs for home, look to this simple yet elegant white door with Georgian style.
This Georgian main door features a mix of a glazed area and paneling, offering a lovely complement to the plain brick backdrop.
- This style of front door can fit both smaller and bigger home design.
- This style is probably well suited to cottages and country homes only, yet it may work well in some modern homes too.
The average cost for this door installation is $2,000.
7. Full-Glazed Door for Instant Wow Factor
If your home has an inner porch door or is built in a gated property, a fully-glazed main door like this one is ideal to give the instant wow factor.
- The design allows more natural light to go into the home interior.
- It’s not a practical solution if there are young children at home.
A full-glazed door with a simple frame costs around $1,000.
That’s all the seven best simple main door designs for home that you can look to. Now, it’s time for you to choose one of your likings!