‘’Security’’ is a key word today. If a home or business doesn’t have a security system, it’s most likely a target for thieves and burglars looking to loot its valuables. It is essential that a home or office setup a home security system.
This will help the security personnel keep a track of who enters the premises and when, alerting them to any suspicious activity, and recording them for future reference.
Home security systems come in a variety of forms, each with its own pros and cons. Some are easily accessible and wireless while others need professional installation services.
While choosing a security system, you should take into account several factors including your budget, security needs, and monitoring options available.
In this blog, we will discuss the best home security systems available in the market today that will meet your requirements and ensure utmost security at home.
Benefits of DIY Home Security Systems
- Benefits of a DIY home security system are many. For starters, the system provides a one-stop solution for home security. You can setup smart security cameras, motion sensor, doorbell, and alarm system with a universal hub or a smart hub.
- This enables you to connect smart home devices such as smart door lock, smart lights, smart plugs, and smart home monitoring system to a home security system.
- Besides, professional monitoring is available at a low monthly fee depending on the provider. The service ensures monitoring of your home security system 24×7 even in case of a power outage or internet connectivity issues.
- Lastly, a wireless security camera system is also an option. The wireless camera system does not require any installation and can be connected to a home security system with a wireless connection and can be used for home security monitoring without any professional monitoring service backup needed.
- Overall, DIY home security systems provide numerous benefits and are best fit for home security monitoring needs.
The Best DIY Home Security Systems
– Various DIY home security systems are available in the market, such as the Ring Alarm Pro, and SimpliSafe.
These security systems offer a wide range of smart home monitoring options, cellular backup in case of a power outage, and a variety of security features such as doorbells, motion sensors, door locks, and siren alarm.
But if you don’t want to hard-wire a system into your home and want the flexibility to customize monitoring system as per your needs, then a DIY system is a great option.
– DIY systems are easy to install and customizable to fit your home’s security needs. Many systems come with wireless video monitoring for a seamless home security experience without constant internet connectivity. The best part is that you don’t have to pay monthly fees for monitoring service or purchase expensive home security accessories.
However, for complete security, a small service fee is also required. Here’s a list of security systems that we recommend for their advanced features and convenience:
Ring Alarm Pro
The Ring Pro is a home security system that offers a range of key features at a reasonable price. It comes with a base station, keypad, motion detector, and contact sensor that can be setup to work together to detect intrusions and alert users.
The system also supports wireless camera monitoring and storage, which allows users to quickly and easily review a video of the event in question.
Additionally it includes backup battery power and internet connectivity so users can view video from anywhere in the world. The Ring Pro is a reliable security system that offers many key features at an affordable price.
SimpliSafe Home Security
SimpliSafe home security system is a smart and easy-to-install home security system that allows users to create a customized security system to meet their needs and protect their home.
This system is designed to be user-friendly and easy-to-operate, making it a good option for people who are new to home security. With this system, you can enjoy reliable protection of your home without having to deal with complicated setup or monitoring processes.
SimpliSafe offers a variety of home security packages, so you can choose one that best meets your needs and budget. Some of the available options include interactive monitoring with video verification, police dispatch, and 24/7 alert notifications.
The system also comes with a base station, door/window sensors, and a mobile app for monitoring your home from anywhere in the world.
All you need to do is install the base station near your home’s door or window, place the sensors around doors and windows, and download the SimpliSafe app on your smartphone. You can then easily control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world.
Wyze Home Monitoring
Wyze is a leading provider of home security systems, and its Wyze Home Monitoring system takes monitoring to a new level. The system includes video and audio monitoring, as well as intrusion detection and alarm notification.
The system can be set to alert users via email or text message whenever there is a security incident detected. Additionally, the Wyze system can detect motion within a defined area and automatically alert users via email or text message.
The Wyze home security system is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, making it convenient for users to access monitoring from anywhere in the home.
This convenient feature makes it ideal for monitoring families with multiple mobile devices.
The system also allows users to setup a customized notification profile, so they receive notifications only regarding certain types of security incidents.
Overall, Wyze home security system offers a professional monitoring service with advanced features that make it uniquely suited for the needs of today’s home security-conscious families.
Arlo Home Security
Arlo’s security system offers a keypad sensor hub and two security camera sensors. The keypad sensor hub allows users to setup and manage multiple security camera security system s from a single interface.
It also simplifies monitoring and alerting by allowing users to setup multiple key-based door or window sensor.
The security camera s can be set up in a variety of positions including on a wall, window, door, or ceiling. Each camera can be adjusted to face a specific direction and have a different field of view.
The system is Wi-Fi based with an integrated keypad that allows users to instantly connect to their home security system s from anywhere in the world. It has a siren and motion detector that alert users via email or app when triggered.
Other home security systems include Alder Security, Blue by ADT, Deep Sentinel, Link Interactive, Nest Secure, Scout Alarm, Vivint Smart Home, and Xfinity Home Security.
Tips to Consider When Choosing a System
- Start by assessing your security needs. Do a security audit to assess the level of security at home, from a camera-based system monitoring a home’s front door and windows to a smart home security system monitoring key features throughout a home.
- If you are unsure of the level of security required, a home alarm system is a good option. These security systems alert authorities when activated and typically include a home alarm sensor, keypad lock, outdoor siren, and door sensor that can alert authorities via a notification app on a smartphone.
- When selecting a security system, consider your budget and your needs. The cost of alarm equipment varies based on features such as video monitoring, wireless camera monitoring, or doorbell monitoring. Also consider professional monitoring if it is necessary based on your lifestyle and security needs.
- Lastly, make sure to read the system’s terms and conditions carefully before purchase to ensure that you are getting the best system for your money.
Setting Up Your DIY Home Security System
- Installing a home security system is a breeze. You can do it yourself, with a professional, or with a smart device app.
- A smart home security system should include motion detectors, doorbells, and window sensors. Place them at key points around your home to ensure security.
- The key is to have a system that works for you and your lifestyle. The best way to do this is by monitoring the devices yourself and making adjustments as necessary.
- When installing a camera, make sure it’s wireless internet-enabled and has a view of the front door or window. This will help alert you in case something goes wrong.
Final Thoughts on DIY Home Security Systems
With the cost of professional home security systems rising, more and more people are turning to DIY home security systems as a cost-effective alternative.
These systems allow you to customize a system to meet your specific needs and preferences without having to pay a professional security company a monthly fee.
- Some of the popular home security system options include ring video doorbells, home automation devices, monitoring services, and smart door locks.
- Before purchasing a DIY home security system, it’s important to assess your home’s security needs and choose a system that best meets those needs. This will help ensure you’re getting the best system possible for your budget and needs.
- Different home security systems offer varying levels of monitoring and features, so it’s vital to research each system’s features before making a decision. This will help you find the system that best suits your needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the best DIY home security system?
When it comes to choosing the best home security system, you first have to assess your security needs.
This will help you determine the amount of protection you need and the budget you’re comfortable spending.
Once you have a sense of what you need, look into key features like notification system, camera quality, siren volume, motion sensor sensitivity, etc. to make a smart decision.
If you want a DIY home security alarm system, then make sure to read up on different types available on the market and find one that best suits your needs.
You can also consult professional security services to get a personalized system that meets your specific security requirements.
Is it better to have professional home security service over a DIY version?
When it comes to home security, professional installations typically offer a much more hassle-free experience than DIY installations. This is because DIY installations are typically cheaper but can be more difficult and time-consuming to install.
Additionally, a professionally installed system is installed by professional security officers hired by the security company, which can add an unnecessary layer of cost and complication to your security setup.
A self-monitoring DIY system usually costs between $10 and $50 per month, but the upfront cost can range between $100 and $1000.
How much do DIY home security systems cost?
When it comes to home security, there are a few key things to keep in mind. The most important consideration is your budget.
Home security systems can range from $10-$50/month for self-monitoring and $100-$1000 upfront for the hardware.
However, you may be able to save hundreds of dollars over professional installed home security services by doing it yourself.
You can also buy bundled equipment packages that include security cameras, motion sensors, and keypad doorbells. These packages can cost anywhere from $199.99 for Ring Alarm to $797.88 for Frontpoint.
As far as keypad doorbells are concerned, the Ring Alarm Pro is unbeatable at a starting price of just $250. Setup takes less than an hour, and it boasts a 1080p camera with a 90-day battery life.
While security systems can be a smart investment, they depend on a number of factors to work effectively. Based on your home security needs and priorities, you need to select the best security system for home security.
However, a system is only as smart as the people who use it. If you’re looking to setup a home security system or are thinking of upgrading your setup, we’ve prepared a comparison chart that compares home security systems based on their setup process as well as customer reviews.
DIY Home Security Systems Compared:
|Our Picks||Ring Alarm Pro||SimpliSafe (8-piece set)||Wyze Home Monitoring||Arlo Home Security|
|Starter Equipment||Eero Wi-Fi 6 mesh router, door/window sensors, motion detectors, a keypad, a siren and optional professional monitoring subscriptions||1 base station, 1 keypad, 1 motion sensor, 3 entry sensors||1 hub, 1 keypad, 1 motion sensor, 2 entry sensors and 3 months of professional monitoring||1 keypad control panel, 2 All-in-One sensors|
|Setup||DIY installation||DIY installation||DIY installation||DIY installation|
|Extra Features||Cellular-powered backup Wi-Fi, network security monitoring, local processing, storage for all of your Ring devices and integration with Alexa’s Guard Plus service||Customizable system, built-in Wi-Fi and cellular, integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||Customizable system, integration with many third-party devices, integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||24/7 emergency response, smart interactive notifications, cellular and battery backup, integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant|